Information Privacy and Security: CaringWays is a “business associate” to your healthcare provider under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), and therefore is required by law to comply with certain of HIPAA’s requirements for handling protected health information on your healthcare provider’s behalf. CaringWays has administrative, physical and technical safeguards in place designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of protected health information collected through the Services. Please note that despite our precautions, no website can be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. Furthermore, CaringWays does not control the devices, computers, or network over which you may choose to send protected health information to the Services, and therefore cannot prevent potential interceptions or compromises to your information while in transit to the Services via the Internet.
Some of your personal information created and maintained by iDonate may be public, such as your fundraising page that you post publicly through social media. Any information you share through social media or other third-party websites or applications is subject to the privacy policies of those websites or applications. Keep in mind that individuals reading such information may use or disclose it to other individuals without our knowledge and without your knowledge, and search engines may index that information.
Taxes: It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the donations you receive through your use of the Services. It is solely your responsibility to assess, collect, report or remit the correct tax, if any, to the appropriate tax authority.
Intellectual Property Rights: The Services and their features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by CaringWays, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
If you choose to provide input and suggestions regarding problems with or proposed modifications or improvements to the Services (“Feedback”), then you hereby grant CaringWays an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free right to exploit the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose, including to improve the Services and create other products and services.
Trademarks: The name “CaringWays” and the CaringWays logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of CaringWays or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of CaringWays. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use of the Services, or which, as determined in our sole discretion, may harm CaringWays or users of the Services or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Services or interfere with any other party’s use of the Services, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Services.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Services.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Services or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Services, or introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Services, the server on which the Services are stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Services.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services.
Limited Warranties: CARINGWAYS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON THE SERVICES, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THE SERVICES.
WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” WE MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES ABOUT THE SERVICES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ALL STATUTORY WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICES ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED, OR NON-INFRINGING. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE EFFECTIVE, RELIABLE OR ACCURATE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES (EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY NETWORKS) AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING.
- We will not be liable for any consequential, indirect, or special loss or damage;
- We will not be liable for any indirect damages, including without limitation, loss of profit, income, revenue, anticipated savings or health outcomes, contracts, business, goodwill, reputation, data, or information;
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control;
- Our maximum liability in relation to any event or series of related events will be limited to $100.
Modification to Services: CaringWays reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services (or any part thereof) at any time and for any reason, with or without notice, and without any liability to you or to any third party for any claims, damages, costs or losses resulting therefrom.
Consent to Communications: By providing us with your contact information, you agree to receive communications, including via e-mail, voice calls, and text messages from or on behalf of CaringWays at the email address or telephone number you provide, even if that number is on a national or state “Do Not Call List.” These calls will be for informational purposes, such as to verify your information or provide you with help or information on using the Services. Standard text messaging and telephone minute charges applied by your cell phone carrier may apply. CaringWays may, without further notice or warning and in our sole discretion, monitor and/or record telephone conversations for our business purposes, such as quality assurance and training purposes and to protect our rights and the rights of others.IF YOU WISH TO OPT OUT OF MARKETING EMAILS, YOU CAN UNSUBSCRIBE BY FOLLOWING THE UNSUBSCRIBE OPTIONS IN THE EMAIL ITSELF. IF YOU WISH TO OPT OUT OF TEXTS, YOU MAY REPLY “STOP” FROM THE MOBILE DEVICE RECEIVING THE MESSAGES. You understand that you may continue to receive communications while CaringWays processes your opt-out request, and you may also receive a communication confirming the receipt of your opt-out request.
Consent to Electronic Notice: By using the Services, you consent to receiving certain electronic communications from us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that those communications be in writing.
Notice to California Residents: If you are a California resident, under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S- 202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint regarding the Services or to receive further information regarding use of the Services.